How To Protect Your Photos? Get Expert Tips
Protect your photographs from external elements like air pollutants, moisture and heat – they can all cause your photos to damage. If you see signs, which include fading, ink bleeding, yellowing or cracking, look for ways to restore them. However, so that your photos do not get damaged, here are a few tips for you that you need to keep in your mind.
Humidity And Temperature Control:
Humidity and temperature are the main factors that you need to control. Storing your pictures at the right humidity and temperature can help protect your pictures. Many Photo Framers suggest the following humidity and temperature ranges for several types of photos:
- Dye sublimation: humidity range - 30 to 50 percent, Temperature (Maximum)- 20 degrees Celsius
- Digital electrophotography: humidity range - 30 to 50 percent, Temperature (Maximum)- 20 degrees Celsius
- Inject (pigment and dye): humidity range - 30 to 50 percent, Temperature (Maximum)- 4 degrees Celsius
- Chromogenic photos: humidity range - 30 to 50 percent, Temperature (Maximum)- 4 degrees Celsius
- Traditional black and white photos: humidity range - 30 to 50 percent, Temperature (Maximum)- 12 degrees Celsius
Protect From Air Pollution
Pollution from different sources can badly affect the quality of your pictures. Pollutants come from many sources such as the storage area of your house, framing and housing products in your property, nearby materials, and many more. Several gases can also cause damage. Nitrogen dioxide and Ozone may cause bleeding and yellowing of your photos. To protect your photos from air pollutants and gases, you have to keep it in air-tight photo frames. These frames help to keep away from all kinds of air pollutants and dust.
Some issues generally occur when you are handling photos – they are colourant scratching, surface cracking, smearing and scuffing. To prevent these, you should use the following precautions:
- Wear Gloves.
- Never roll or stack your photos.
Follow the above-mentioned steps and save your photos from any kind of damage. The best way to save your photos is to keep your photos in air-tight photo frames. Good photo frames can always save your photos from any deterioration and decay. In Bridgetown, you can find many Picture Framers who can provide unique, creative and beautiful photo frames for your photos.